To Our Valued Customers,
COVID-19/Coronavirus has introduced many new challenges to our daily lives. At VIA, we feel that it is our responsibility as a part of the global community to do what is within our means to protect our employees and customers, and to help contain the spread of COVID-19.
We understand that access to refrigeration, in-home cooking and sanitization appliances is more important now than ever and we recognize that our customers may have questions regarding the steps that we’re taking to protect them and their homes. The health of our customers remains our top priority and we are updating our policies to reflect our continued commitment to providing safe and responsible service during this trying time.
Our team is actively monitoring updates from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to rapidly respond as conditions evolve. We strictly adhere to the safety recommendations provided by these agencies both in our office/warehouse as well as in the field.
Our technicians have been provided with protective shoe covers and gloves to wear while in the field. Each technician is provided with disinfectant that meets the EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2. This is to use for their personal tools and equipment, as well as disinfectant that can be used on any surfaces that they come in contact with during the service visit (if requested). We’ve also added additional cleaning and sanitation steps within our warehouse including steps to control potential air pollution.
We recognize the importance of social distancing and flattening the curve, and are offering minimal contact service during your service visit if requested.
If you are interested in setting up a service visit and have yet to have one of our technicians out to the home, please consider the following steps to assist in our joint effort in social distancing:
- Email email@example.com with:
- The address of the intended service visit
- The model and serial numbers of the appliance (can be sent as a photo)
- The symptom/problem description you would like to have addressed.
- Any other photos/videos that you think could assist our team in pre identifying parts in advance to help limit service visits to your home
If you are in the midst of a service visit with VIA, and would like us to service with a minimal contact approach, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we are able to take the following steps:
- The technician will call you upon their arrival and will need to be let into the home and shown to the appliance.
- You may leave him at the appliance and wait in another part of the home.
- The tech will call you from the appliances location to walk you through any services performed and ask/answer any questions via telephone from another area in the home.
Our team will continue to actively monitor information provided by the CDC and federal agencies to ensure our operation policies are following the latest information in this global effort to contain the spread of COVID-19.
We would also like to thank all of our employees for their dedication and efforts to continue providing these incredibly necessary services to our customers throughout the mid atlantic region during this time. From our family to yours, we are in this together.